What if I or someone I know is in crisis? January 13, 2017
Inpathy is not suited for use in situations of crisis. If you or someone you’re with is in need of crisis care, please call 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1.800.273.8255.
What resources does Inpathy offer?
We have many resources and tools that help extend care beyond your sessions. We also offer 24-hour technical support at 1.800.442.8938 as well as many how-to guides that you can search on our website and The Inpathy Bulletin. You can also connect with a member of our care navigation team at 1.800.442.8938 if you have a question or need help finding a provider.
Is my personal information secure and private?
Absolutely. Inpathy meets the privacy and confidentiality standards set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. Our technology is equipped to ensure that your personal information including your history, medical records and treatment are protected and secure.
What technology do I need?
Most people already have access to the tools they need to connect to a provider through Inpathy. Individuals can access sessions using smartphones, tablets or computers equipped with webcams. No special equipment, software or app downloads are needed.
Why online psychiatry?
There are many reasons people prefer online therapy and/or psychiatry services.
- It’s convenient: Be seen when and where it works for you without the hassle of taking time off work or sitting in waiting rooms. Our providers often have next-day appointments and are available evenings and weekends
- Provides options: Find the right provider who fits your needs and preferences — whether or not they live in your community. Access licensed counselors, therapists and psychiatry providers who are licensed in your state.
- Safe and secure: Unlike Skype or FaceTime, our technology is HIPAA-compliant and protects your personal information.
- Completely private: Your session on Inpathy is strictly confidential. Inpathy sessions are never recorded and you have control over whether you invite family or friends to join your online video call.
- Easy to use: Inpathy works on any computer, tablet or smartphone with internet and a webcam. Plus, we offer 24/7 support for tech issues, test calls and troubleshooting.
- Flexible scheduling: Weekdays a no-go? Need to do a session after the kids go to bed? No problem. Appointments are available 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. — and it often only takes a few days from your request before you can meet with a provider.